Today’s topic: COMMUNICATION. Almost nothing is more important in the workplace.
Here are five basic principles straight out of God’s Word to help guide your workplace discussions. Start using ’em today.
- Listen More Than You Talk. “The wise listen to advice.” (Proverbs 12:15) “When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.” (Proverbs 10:19) Or, as some around me are fond of saying: “God gave you two ears and one mouth — use ’em accordingly.”
- Don’t Grumble. “Do everything without complaining or arguing.” (Philippians 2:14) Click here for a whole week’s worth of anti-grumbling suggestions.
- Spread Encouragement. “Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.” (Proverbs 12:25) “Encourage one another daily.” (Hebrews 3:13)
- Don’t Spread Gossip. “A gossip betrays a confidence; so avoid a person who talks too much.” (Proverbs 20:19) “Without gossip, a quarrel dies down.” (Proverbs 26:20)
- Speak the Truth in Love. Always, always, always tell the truth. And always, always, always do it with love. “Speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.” (Ephesians 4:15)
COMMUNICATE GOD’S WAY
(Image credit: Shutterstock.com)