Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. (Mark 16:15)
We kicked off the year with the official GUWG 2017 Spiritual Workout to help us all train for the Big Race.
Today’s topic? SHARE the good news.
If there’s one piece of this workout that freaks me out, it’s this one. I love Jesus. But if I’m honest, sometimes I’m afraid to tell others because I fear that maybe they won’t like me so much anymore. It sounds absolutely 187% pathetic but it’s true.
For anyone who may be even a little bit like me, a little while ago we spent an entire week on a series entitled How To Share Your Faith Without Freaking Out. Here’s a “greatest hits” collection of what the Bible says on this subject.
- Walk with God. Pray before you open your mouth. Fill your heart with God’s word. Let the Spirit guide your every step.
- Never Fear. Imitate Jesus. Be bold. God’s on your side.
- Be Gentle. Gently instruct. Be respectful. Speak the truth in love.
- Listen, Then Share. Spend time with others. Ask ’em for their story. And then tell ’em yours.
- Be Creative. Ask God to help you find new and engaging ways to share your faith.
- Live a Life of Love. That’s the heart of the Gospel. Actions speak louder than words.
- Do It Now. It’s later than it’s ever been.