We started off the year with our official 2017 Spiritual Workout Plan to help us all train for the Big Race.
Today’s topic? FAST from stupid stuff.
Here’s today’s Bible dose:
How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, Lord; teach me your decrees. With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth. I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word. (Psalm 119:9-16)
Does this describe your approach to God?
Do you truly seek Him with all your heart? Do you meditate on what He says deeeeep in your soul? Do you rejoice in actually doing what He says?
Or do you neglect Him and stray from His commands?
Here’s a little test we do here on GUWG every once in awhile to help us all answer those questions honestly:
THE HOW DO YOU REALLY SPEND YOUR TIME? TEST
1. Approximately how much time do you spend each week doing the following:
- Watching stupid stuff on TV? ____ hours
- Mindlessly surfing the ‘Net? ____ hours
- Shopping for stuff you don’t really need? ____ hours
- Doing other basically dumb and/or self-centered stuff? ____ hours
- TOTAL: _____ hours
2. How many hours do you spend each week praying and listening to God?
- TOTAL:____ hours
If your first total is higher than the second, I humbly suggest that you ask God to help make Him more of a priority in your life. Starting now. Please.