Today we’d like to present GUWG’s official …
TOP TEN $$$ PROVERBS
1. God First. Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing (3:9-10).
2. Be Generous. A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed (11:25). Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward them for what they have done (19:17).
3. No Diligence, No Dough. Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth (10:4).
4. Pleasure → Poverty. Whoever loves pleasure will become poor (21:17).
5. Dishonest $ Goes Bye-Bye. Dishonest money dwindles away (13:11a).
6. Little By Little. Whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow (13:11b).
7. Debt = Slavery. The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender (22:7).
8. $ Can’t Save You. Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great wealth with turmoil (15:16).
9. Leave Something Behind. A good person leaves an inheritance for his children’s children (13:22).
10. God > $. With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity. My fruit is better than fine gold; what I yield surpasses choice silver (8:18-19).
(Image credit: Shutterstock.com)