You’re not alone. Consider these eye-popping statistics:
- The average workweek is up 32% over the past 25 years.
- Time spent in traffic is up 157% over that same period.
- 40% of us are sleep-deprived zombies.
- 33% of us are “chronically overworked.”
- We squander more than 400 million unused vacation days each year.
- 80% of medical expenses are now stress-related.
- 1 in 6 of us has exhibited “desk rage.”
I tend to get highly agitated, pace around the room, shout things at the screen and generally act like I’m in complete agony until it’s 100% clear that my team will beat the bunch of evildoers on the other team. And then once the game’s over I immediately start obsessing over whether my team will beat the next team it plays.