Some rather fascinating facts, according to Bible scholars/mathematicians who apparently have a lot of time on their hands …
- The center chapter of the Bible is Psalm 118.
- The shortest chapter in the Bible is Psalm 117.
- The longest chapter in the Bible is Psalm 119.
- There are 594 chapters before and 594 chapters after Psalm 118.
- Add those two together and you get 1188.
So, what does Psalm 118:8 say?
It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man.
In other words, the very heart of God’s word reminds us to take shelter in Him and to trust Him rather than ourselves or anyone else. Ask yourself one simple question today:
IS GOD THE CENTER OF MY LIFE?
(Image credit: Shutterstock.com)