Today’s featured fruit: PATIENCE.
Patience is one fruit that’s often missing from my basket. Here’s what most of my prayers on this topic sound like:
“Hurry up God and give me patience … NOW!”
Just in case you’re even a little bit like me, here are my all-time favorite anti-impatience verses. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you sloooooow down and read ’em patiently.
- “I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.” (Psalm 40:1)
- “Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly.” (Proverbs 14:29)
- “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12)
- “Love is patient . . .” (1 Corinthians 13:4)
- “Be patient, bearing with one another in love.” (Ephesians 4:2)
- “[B]e patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.” (James 5:8)
ASK THE SPIRIT
TO FILL YOU WITH PATIENCE
(Image credit: Shutterstock.com)