But are we listening?
Apparently not. There are now more than 500 documented phobias in the world. There’s arachibutyrophobia (fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth), autophobia (fear of yourself), catabedephobia (fear of both high and low places), chorophobia (fear of dancing), coulrophobia (fear of clowns), homilophobia (fear of sermons), myxophobia (fear of slime) and panophobia (fear of everything). There’s even phobefobia (fear of phobias).
What’s the antidote to all this fear, fretting and freaking out? Here’s the formula:
KNOW GOD = NO FEAR
As a public service, GUWG hereby offers its official …
TOP TEN HAVE NO FEAR GOD IS HERE BIBLE VERSES
- Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today.” (Exodus 14:13)
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. (Psalm 23:4)
- The Lord is my light and my salvation–whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life–of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
- Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared. (Proverbs 3:25-26)
- For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, “Do not fear; I will help you.” (Isaiah 41:13)
- But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.” (Luke 2:10)
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” (Hebrews 13:6)
There’s no need to fear anything in this world. God is infinitely bigger than anything we can possibly face on this planet and He’s here to help us every step of the way. Walk with Him today.
(Image credit: Shutterstock.com)