Today’s featured fruit: FAITHFULNESS.
What exactly is “faith”? Here’s one of my favorite definitions:
Faith means abandoning all trust in one’s own resources. Faith means casting oneself unreservedly on the mercy of God. Faith means laying hold of the promises of God in Christ, relying entirely on the finished work of Christ for salvation, and on the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit of God for daily strength. Faith implies complete reliance on God and full obedience to God. (New Bible Dictionary)
Put another way, faith is remaining in Christ. We cling to Him with all our hearts, abiding in Him and Him in us, trusting Him completely.
Here’s a selection of “faithful” verses. Ask the Holy Spirit to drive ’em deep down into your soul.
- “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” (Hebrews 11:1)
- “The Lord preserves the faithful.” (Psalm 31:23)
- “Let love and faithfulness never leave you.” (Proverbs 3:3)
- “I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” (2 Timothy 4:7)
- “Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.” (Revelation 2:10)
- “When the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8)
May the answer to that last question be a resounding YES!
KEEP THE FAITH
(Image credit: Shutterstock.com)