“Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?”
The King will reply, “I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” (Matthew 25:37-40)
Want some perspective?
According to real-time statistics provided by worldometers.info:
- 22,205 people have already died from hunger today
- 1,731,072 people have died from water-related diseases this year
- 1,357,496,468 people have no access to safe drinking water
Want to help?
Ask God to open your eyes to the needs around you.
- Sell some of your stuff and give the money away.
- Get involved in your community by helping out in a local homeless shelter or food pantry.
- Instead of ignoring beggars on the street, take ’em to Subway and buy ’em a meal.
- Visit worldvision.org, where you can buy goats, chickens and cows to help starving families.
- Check out blood:watermission.org, where you can help build sustainable wells in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Go to Food for the Poor, where you can build a home for a destitute family.
Since I started writing this, another 841 people have died from starvation. Help NOW!
FEED THE POOR