You’re not alone. Consider these eye-popping statistics:
- The average workweek is up 32% over the past 25 years.
- Time spent in traffic is up 157% over that same period.
- 40% of us are sleep-deprived zombies.
- 33% of us are “chronically overworked.”
- We squander more than 400 million unused vacation days each year.
- 80% of medical expenses are now stress-related.
- 1 in 6 of us has exhibited “desk rage.”
We continue our journey into every word spoken by Jesus in the Gospels to help us all KNOW JESUS MORE NOW.
Anxious? Stressed? Freaked out of your gourd? Today’s verses are for you.
Jesus said this:
Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? (Matthew 6:25-27)
As we’ve said before, Jesus equated worrying with a lack of faith:
Just in case yesterday’s anxiety-reducing post wasn’t enough, here are some words directly from the mouth of Jesus. Pray through each syllable, asking the Holy Spirit to help you focus on TODAY instead of worrying about tomorrow.
So do not worry, saying,
“What shall we eat?” or
“What shall we drink?” or
“What shall we wear?’
For the pagans run after all these things,
and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness,
and all these things will be given to you as well.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own.