Life is a journey. Are you following God’s road map? Are you truly grabbing hold of His word with all your heart?
Take this quick quiz …
How much time did you spend this past week:
- Watching mindless TV shows, dumb movies, etc.?
- Surfing the ‘Net for the latest celebrity gossip?
- Listening to less-than-uplifting music?
- Shopping for stuff you don’t need?
- Obsessing about your lawn?
- Playing golf?
- Doing anything else not centered on God?
Add all those hours up. Now here’s one final question:
- How much time did you spend reading the Bible?
If the first number is bigger than the second (mine is), I humbly suggest that your life may be out of whack. Turn off the TV, shut down the computer, hide the credit cards, let the weeds grow, put the clubs in the attic and crack open your Bible.
What will you get? Wisdom, understanding and a much clearer picture of God’s road map for your life.
Walk with God. Stay on His path. Don’t swerve.