You’re not alone. Consider these eye-popping statistics:
- The average workweek is up 32% over the past 25 years.
- Time spent in traffic is up 157% over that same period.
- 40% of us are sleep-deprived zombies.
- 33% of us are “chronically overworked.”
- We squander more than 400 million unused vacation days each year.
- 80% of medical expenses are now stress-related.
- 1 in 6 of us has exhibited “desk rage.”
In an effort to help address this dire situation, we hereby officially declare this NO WORRIES WEEK here on GUWG. All week long we’ll examine what God says about worry, anxiety, stress, fear and other things in this world that freak us out.
Here’s today’s anti-anxiety verse. Relaaaaaaax, take a deeeeeeep breath and ponder each precious word.
Be still and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)
(Sources: Harris Interactive, Urban Mobility Report, Families and Work Institute, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Expedia.com, AOL, Caravan Opinion Research, TIME Magazine, National Safety Council)
(Image credit: Shutterstock.com)